Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sagrada Familia, Vladamir Kush and Discovery

Measure of Greatness
Vladimir Kush
So, as I was looking into prices and times for the tours of Sagrada Familia, this image of the church popped up online. Called Measure of Greatness, it is by Russian oil painter and sculptor, Vladamir Kush. I liked it immediately and took note of his name, intending to look into his work later.

Having done that, here is what I learned. Mr. Kush was born in 1965 in Moscow. He emigrated to the United States and set up home in Hawaii, (lucky S.O.B). He refers to himself as a metaphorical realist and counts, Dali, Bosch and Caspar David Froedrich among his primary influences. 

I feel lucky to have discovered him. I like his style, even though the composition of some of his works puzzles me in ways I can´t quite nail down (see ship picture below, for instance). Other works blow me away. For instance, the last painting shown here is just perfect in every way. Check him out and let me know what you think. 











No comments:

Post a Comment